Monday, February 17, 2020

Marin Headlands

DATE: Monday, February 17, 2020
DISTANCE: 5.31 miles
ELEVATION GAIN: 1044 ft.

ELEVATION LOSS: 765 ft.
TIME TAKEN: 2:51 hours
GOLDEN GATE NRA
MARIN COUNTY, CA


PHOTO ALBUM
MAP














Add this to list of places I can't believe I've never been to before, in twenty years of living in the Bay Area! I suppose I always avoided the Marin Headlands because it's choked with tourists year round. But the winds blew me here today, and it was a nice leisurely walk on an unseasonably warm February afternoon. Even though it was a Monday, people were out in droves. It's one of the most picturesque and most photographed locations in the world. I'd driven over the Golden Gate Bridge many times, but never walked on it, so that was accomplished. Then some explorations of the various battery stations and a descent to the very picturesque Kirby Cove. Anyway, I won't write too much this time. The pictures speak for themselves.

FURTHER READING
• 10 Adventures
• Hiking Project
• The Outbound

Looking west to infinity

No comments:

Post a Comment