Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Henry Cowell Redwoods

DATE: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 
DISTANCE: 3 MILES ?
HENRY COWELL REDWOODS STATE PARK
SANTA CRUZ COUNTY, CA

A quick late morning / early afternoon getaway to the Redwoods. The day was beautiful, and so was my hiking partner, so there were no complaints! This was my third time to Henry Cowell, and each time I go a little deeper.  This time, the goal was the Cathedral Redwoods grove, which is a cool spot with some ancient, and gigantic trees, as can be expected. Still, I have only scratched the surface of this large state park, and as of yet I have not even set foot in the Fall Creek Unit, a separate area near to the North. Indeed, I think hiking a ten mile loop in the Fall Creek Unit will be next on the agenda for the inevitable return to Henry Cowell! Hopefully a report on that soon.












No comments:

Post a Comment